Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Vehicle concept art: Development and final



For this project we had to develop and paint a vehicle from our chosen item:
My item was my old flip phone.






The initial idea was to help us understand the basic shape and components of our item

Drawing simplified and primitive shapes of our items helped this process

Silhouettes of my phone- this was to help generate the idea of our vehicle 
We also had to bring in a book to get silhouettes from

                                   
My idea was generated from planes and bugs such as a dragonfly and wanted to base the body off of that


I tried many designs and experimented on the angles

The basic shape and body of the vehicle

At some points I disliked the idea of an aircraft so I tried out a land vehicle

There were many designs but I eventually stuck to my original plan


With bug and insects at mind I took their shapes and developed it even more




I ended up with a ladybird/dragonfly look


My final design doesn't have this many wings

Studies of  dragonflies

My pilot final
Photoshop Shape paint of my vehicle ( 1)

( 2 )

Part 1
Final paint

Final 

No comments:

Post a Comment