Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Rage quit: The first obstacle



Just had my first assessment and it didn't go too well, I guess I had it coming- I really need to step my game up! My first few weeks in uni was a little bit hard- I won't go into my back story but just adjusting to the life style and my lack of motivation, this honestly really opened up my eyes. I don't want to make excuses for this. I want to be able to achieve my what I came here to do, which was to learn how to create my own virtual universe (sounds a little too cheesy right?)


Adjusting and learning 3ds max is still quite a challenge for me, especially the texturing - I hope that I'm not on my own on this, I know that there are other people that find it hard as well (let's work hard together..ne?).
Going to be investing a lot more of my time reading tutorials on drawing and 3ds max tutorials. I can't let myself just pass.

I know this isn't the end of the world but this really gave me a hard slap of reality, working in the game industry isn't going to be as sparkly as it looks and our lecturers really emphasize that, I'm really thankful for the push today, gotta level myself up and put in the hours of work- just like fighting on horde mode. There are many things that I want to do in this industry such as work on a game for the future generation or some crazy character designs. Blood, sweat and tears, gotta love it.

My motivation level is bursting through- I'm probably expecting too much of myself but all it really is, is about working hard. Now I'm off to passionately sketch and model trees and buildings. It's actually not as enthusiastic as it sound.
Maybe taking a hit isn't so bad

No comments:

Post a Comment